Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Here are a few shots of our most recent trip to Maroon Bells.  We did the Four Pass Loop, which has become one of my favorite hikes of all time.  The incredible terrain pulled me along like gravity, and I just couldn't stop.  

The cool, cloudy weather was perfect for hiking, but not for photographing dogs that never stop moving.  So some of these shots are pretty dark, some are blurry, etc..  I have a feeling I will be going back to this loop again, or to some other part of Maroon Bells, so I'll try to get some more refined looking shots then.  

The dogs were apeshit out of the gate as usual, but they quickly settled into hiking mode and were perfect once they blew off a little steam.  Lily and Moose did such an incredible job on this hike.  They were careful around the exposed portions of the hike where a fall would have been bad, and they easily scrambled down a steep, rocky detour we took to avoid the cornice at Buckskin Pass.  They also rallied like champions to push hard over the third pass to beat the deteriorating weather.  The storm let loose as soon as  we reached a safer spot at tree line near Snowmass Lake.  The girls made an amazing hike even better.