Monday, March 21, 2011

Ben, Andy, Greg.





Dad never missed a game.


Are you for scuba?


If these two jagaloons had to pose for this picture at our nation's capital again today (~twenty years later), I have absolutely no doubt that they would do the same thing all over again.

We don't ride our bikes, we just fix em.  lol


Days from the Canadian border on the PCT.  I believe this background is looking south from where we came from.


Navigating


Northwest


The Legendary Jonathan Ley



Getting there...

Approaching Washington State.  Bridge of the Gods is Sketchy when theres traffic..


Collapsed bridge found night hiking.



Bottle opener?  Anyone?


Relentless wind along the crest



If you have to be inside, you might as well be in a Yurt



Drying bags while keeping warm in the northwest



Sorry I ruined your scenic brah..

I believe Mt. Shasta is somewhere in that distant blinding light.


Chocolate milk.  An easy way to dump calories into your head.


Getting frosty in the Cascades



Shoveling spoonfuls of peanut butter to fuel the fire after days in the rain.  Another unpleasant, wet night.  Did pushups and situps ALL night to keep warm.  Soaked to the bone.  Learning experience Ill never forget.    




Unexpected Yurt magic in the Cascades


Suuurre..  No snow except on the trail..  Awesome.  We are truckin along in the background...



A day or two from the canadian border


Jonathan, Mike, Me, Manning Park, BC.  Nice to do the last 100 Miles of the PCT with friends.