Tuesday, March 15, 2011
I figured it might be a good day to head back to Lost Creek and get some pictures, which we did. Got there just as light was breaking and headed down the trail. Lily was out of her mind excited, crazier than usual, jumping around, demanding fetch from the instant we left the car, dragging me limbs equaling her body weight, expecting me to throw everything she brought. I did, and she never ever took a break. All day. We covered over 10 miles, and she chased sticks the whole way. She was so driven to run that it made taking pictures difficult. I must have 50 frames where instead of a landscape shot, I have a blurry shot of lily's face at the moment of zero gravity, tongue hanging out, ears flopping madly as she pogo'd up in front of the camera. So you'll have to excuse the pics today.. It was tough to focus while being constantly junkpunched by blondie.
So we made our way up the valley and barely scratched the surface of what was there to explore. I think the next trip I make to this area will be a solo venture, just so I can focus on getting some decent pics. Also the terrain was at times not appropriate for dogs. I know they are surefooted, but there were times I was billygoating around to get a certain shot, and if they couldn't get to where I was, they got really stressed out. Speaking of surefooted, fearless dogs... There is a bridge across Lost Creek-or Goose Creek as its called when it is not hidden by boulders- that we had already crossed 3 times without difficulty. On our way home apparently Moose (the fearless) saw something she didn't like about the planked bridge, because she would NOT cross the bridge that she'd crossed without hesitation before. After encouragement, bribery, and the shame of watching Lily the timid traipse across without fear- all failed, I ended up carrying her across like a wiggling sack of potatoes. Anyway, that was our day today. Once in the car, they were both down for the count. Copilot Lily tried her hardest to watch where we were going, but eventually sacked out next to moose in the back. Lost Creek - to be continued...